A note from acemaverick
12/25/2007 02:41:00 AM by DTLCT
There have been quite a few questions arising from the progress of the team and its projects. Acemaverick, the co-founder of Shinzuki, is voicing out on all the questions or possible questions that everyone may have. This is the message I was told to pass along to everyone:
Dear Viewers,
Our group has been set up for nearly 1/2 a year and in that 1/2 a year, I acknowledge that there hasn't been much progress. As co-founder of the group, I sincerely apologize for the lack of progress.
I seek for your understanding on certain issues that the group is facing.
For the Mr. Fighting drama, the reason why we took it on was on a consensus as the first drama that we wanted, because Wayward Kenting would not be played so soon and my aim was to gather a group of about 5-6 translators before I took on the project.
It all started well in the beginning. I had about 7 translators - some of whom are Vietnamese translators. Then the problem started because some parts of the Viet-dubbed version didn't really correspond. In addition, the dub quality wasn't very good, hence causing much of a distress to my Viet translators. I have since decided to pull out the Viet translators from the drama, except 1 - DTLCT. I really appreciate all their efforts to stick through the entire episode given the quality of the dubbing. Then majority of my Chinese translators started to go missing too. But given the fact that the drama took some time, I can't blame them.
I have tried to recruit more translators but to no avail. The translators now left are just me and my other admin, vernzz, plus gialian and DTLCT. A 20 episode drama and each episode of 1 hour and 10 minutes IS NOT an easy feat for just the 4 of us. Furthermore, we are vernzz and I are the only QC-er at the moment.
*For the record, our QC-er is actually suppose to check for the
accuracy of the subs, the timing and the English language translations. And it takes time to do it well.
For the Mr. Fighting drama,
I had actually wanted to pull out from the drama after subbing the first 10 episodes. But my admin partner, vernzz, has seen that some people are still waiting for the subs of the rest of the episodes and she has voice out the opinion of continuing. I have decided to fully support her stand, but I would also like to see how many are actually waiting for the subs for Mr. Fighting. So I would be putting in a poll. If there are a substantial amount of people that are still interested in watching and are willing to wait for the subs, we will continue with Mr. Fighting. I seek your cooperation on this. I want a true reflection of the polls. DO NOT poll more than one time and DO NOT ask others to add to the polls on your behalf.
I have another drama on hand, Wayward Kenting. This is a new drama and I want to give priority to this one, hence the poll for Mr. Fighting. If not many want to watch, I would rather channel all my efforts into this one. Since as I mentioned, there are only 4 of us doing the translations, taking on 2 dramas at a time will wear us out thinner.
Right now, I am having an examination period hence I have not been able to contribute much to the translation nor any of the subbing work. My other admin, vernzz, has been doing the majority of the translations, plus QC-ing for the other two translators. It is very tiring for 1 person, I believe, to take in all this work. I will only be able to start subbing again after the 27th of December. Although there are only a few translators in the group at the moment, I have a dedicated team of timers and I really appreciate the 4 of them staying, plus my wonderful encoder.
I kindly request for all you viewers to bear with us during this man-power crunch time. We are currently having a recruitment drive to enlist anyone out there who's interested in becoming part of the fansubbing arena. The positions of Mandarin translators and timers are open to all. Please email or pm anyone of us over at D-Addicts.
Thank you.
acemaverick
Dear Viewers,
Our group has been set up for nearly 1/2 a year and in that 1/2 a year, I acknowledge that there hasn't been much progress. As co-founder of the group, I sincerely apologize for the lack of progress.
I seek for your understanding on certain issues that the group is facing.
For the Mr. Fighting drama, the reason why we took it on was on a consensus as the first drama that we wanted, because Wayward Kenting would not be played so soon and my aim was to gather a group of about 5-6 translators before I took on the project.
It all started well in the beginning. I had about 7 translators - some of whom are Vietnamese translators. Then the problem started because some parts of the Viet-dubbed version didn't really correspond. In addition, the dub quality wasn't very good, hence causing much of a distress to my Viet translators. I have since decided to pull out the Viet translators from the drama, except 1 - DTLCT. I really appreciate all their efforts to stick through the entire episode given the quality of the dubbing. Then majority of my Chinese translators started to go missing too. But given the fact that the drama took some time, I can't blame them.
I have tried to recruit more translators but to no avail. The translators now left are just me and my other admin, vernzz, plus gialian and DTLCT. A 20 episode drama and each episode of 1 hour and 10 minutes IS NOT an easy feat for just the 4 of us. Furthermore, we are vernzz and I are the only QC-er at the moment.
*For the record, our QC-er is actually suppose to check for the
accuracy of the subs, the timing and the English language translations. And it takes time to do it well.
For the Mr. Fighting drama,
I had actually wanted to pull out from the drama after subbing the first 10 episodes. But my admin partner, vernzz, has seen that some people are still waiting for the subs of the rest of the episodes and she has voice out the opinion of continuing. I have decided to fully support her stand, but I would also like to see how many are actually waiting for the subs for Mr. Fighting. So I would be putting in a poll. If there are a substantial amount of people that are still interested in watching and are willing to wait for the subs, we will continue with Mr. Fighting. I seek your cooperation on this. I want a true reflection of the polls. DO NOT poll more than one time and DO NOT ask others to add to the polls on your behalf.
I have another drama on hand, Wayward Kenting. This is a new drama and I want to give priority to this one, hence the poll for Mr. Fighting. If not many want to watch, I would rather channel all my efforts into this one. Since as I mentioned, there are only 4 of us doing the translations, taking on 2 dramas at a time will wear us out thinner.
Right now, I am having an examination period hence I have not been able to contribute much to the translation nor any of the subbing work. My other admin, vernzz, has been doing the majority of the translations, plus QC-ing for the other two translators. It is very tiring for 1 person, I believe, to take in all this work. I will only be able to start subbing again after the 27th of December. Although there are only a few translators in the group at the moment, I have a dedicated team of timers and I really appreciate the 4 of them staying, plus my wonderful encoder.
I kindly request for all you viewers to bear with us during this man-power crunch time. We are currently having a recruitment drive to enlist anyone out there who's interested in becoming part of the fansubbing arena. The positions of Mandarin translators and timers are open to all. Please email or pm anyone of us over at D-Addicts.
Thank you.
acemaverick
Labels: Announcement